RECIPE FOR CHATPATI DAHI BHALLA CHAT
Preparation Time – 20 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 to 20 minutes
Outer covering –
- Boiled potatoes- 4 to 6
- Bread crumbs – 2 to 3 spoons
- Salt as per taste
Stuffing for BHALLA –
- Cashew nuts – 6 to 7 peices
- Raisins ( kismis) – 15 peices
- Boiled kabuli chana – 1/8 bowl
- Boiled potatoes – 3
- Green chillies and ginger paste – 1/2 spoon
- Red chilli powder -1/4 spoon
- Garam masala – 1/8 spoon
- Amchur powder -1/4 spoon
- Finely chopped coriander leaves – 1 spoon
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for deep frying
GREEN CHUTNEY –
- Coriander leaves – 1 small bunch
- Green chillies -4
- 1 inch ginger block
- Hing (equal to one Dana of Moong dal)
- Jeera – 1 pinch
- Amchur powder-2 spoons
IMLI MEETHI CHUTNEY
- Imli 1/4 bowl
- Sugar -1/4 bowl
- Rock salt as per taste
- Common salt as per taste
- Red chilli powder -1/2 spoon
- Garam masala -1 pinch
- Roasted jeera powder -1/4 spoon
TOPPING OF CHATPATI DAHI BHALLA
- 1 Chopped tomato
- 1 bowl Hung Curd
- Imli meethi chutney
- Green chutney
- Pomegranate seeds and for garnish
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Nylon sev
- Black salt as per taste
- Rosted jeera powder
For bhalla –
1. Grate boiled potatoes and mix the bread crumbs and salt in it. Make it like a dough.
2. Make 4-6 balls for outercovering from the above dough.
2. Mix all the ingredients of the bhalla stuffing in a bowl .
3. Fill the stuffing in the outercovering and make balls.
4. Heat oil in a khadai and deep fry the bhalla until cooked.
Remove and keep aside
For imli meethi chutney-
1. Boil 1/4 bowl imli in water
2. Sieve the boiled imli and make it into a paste.
3. Add 1/4 bowl of sugar.
4. Boil for 5 minutes
5. Add roasted jeera powder, red chilli powder, garam masala , rock salt and common salt . Mix well
6 . Keep aside for cooling.
For Green chutney
1. Take 1 small bunch of coriander leaves , 4 green chillies , ginger 1 inch block, heeng , jeera 1 pinch, salt as per taste and grind in the mixer until thin paste.
Plating and garnishing of CHATPATI dahi bhalla chat
1.In a bowl of hung curd and keep aside.
2.Keep the toppings ready along with bhalla and chutney.
3. Put the bhalla in the katori or a bowl.
4. Put green chutney, meethi imli chutney and hung curd on the bhalla.
5. Sprinkle roasted jeera powder, red chilli powder and black salt on the dahi bhalla.
6. Garnish with nylon sev, coriander leaves pomegranate seeds .
7.Chatpati Dahi Bhalla chat is ready to eat.