Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
for the Potato Basket (Tokri)
- Potato – 5 (peeled and grated)
- Oil – For frying
Ingredients for the Filling:
- Chickpeas (Boiled) – ½ cup
- Potato (Boiled) – 1
- Salt – ¼ tsp.
- Black Salt – ¼ tsp.
- Tamarind Chutney – 4 tbsp.
- Green Chutney – 2 tbsp.
- Yoghurt – 4 tbsp.
- Green Chilli – 2
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp.
- Coriander (finely chopped)
- Fine Sev
Preparing Potato Baskets:
1. Peel the potatoes, wash them thoroughly and then grate them.
2. Soak the grated potatoes in water for about 5 minutes to get rid of the extra starch and drain well.
3. Place the grated potatoes in a vegetable strainer and deep fry the baskets on medium flame till golden brown.
4. Once done, tap the strainer lightly to unmould the basket, repeat with the remaining potatoes.
5. Place on a paper towel to get rid of the extra oil.
Preparing the Filling:
1. In a mixing bowl combine chickpeas, pomegranate, small paneer cubes, boiled potato cubes, green chillies, red chilli powder, as well as salt and mix well.
2. Take sufficient amount of this filling and place it in the baskets (almost half basket must be filled)
3. Now follow it with yogurt, green chutney, tamarind chutney and black salt
4.Garnish with coriander leaves and fine sev
5. Serve immediately