Cooking Time:10 minutes
Preparation Time:15 minutes
Serve -2 person
- Idli batter:-1 big bowl
- Orange food colour:-a pinch
- Thinly sliced onions:-1 small bowl
- Green chillies cut into julliens:-4-5 pieces
- Soya sauce:-1 tbsp
- salt to taste
- Schezwan sauce:-as per taste
- Red chilly sauce:- 1 tbsp
- All purpose flour (maida) for batter:-1 small bowl
- All purpose flour (maida) for slurry:-2 tbsp
- Maggi masala:-2 tbsp
- Red chilly powder:-1/2 tbsp
- Water for slurry:-3tbsp
- Oil for frying
- Make all the idlis from the idli batter first.
- Mix maida and water in a small bowl to form a semi thick batter. Add orange food colour to the batter to give the batter a nice orange colour.
- Now heat oil in a pan. Check that the oil should not be too hot.
- cut idlis into wedges. Dip the idli wedges into the maida batter and deep fry till crispy.
- Do this with all the idli wedges.
- Now heat a pan. Take 3 tbsp oil. Add onions and saute till the onion turns transparent.
- Add green chillies, soya sauce, red chilly sauce, salt, schezwan sauce, red chilly powder, maggi masala and saute till the oil leaves the sides of the pan.
- Now take maida add water to it to form slurry.
- Add this maida slurry to the mixture.
- Now add the ready idli wedges and mix. Do not over cook the mixture.
- Serve with fresh coriander leaves and the mouth watering idli chilli is ready.