RECIPE FOR MUTTON CURRY
Preparation Time:10-15 mins
Cooking Time:1 hr
- 500 gms mutton
- 2 tbsp curd/yogurt
- 1 1/4 tsp ginger,garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp salt as needed
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 1/4 tbsp oil
- 2 green cardomoms
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 cup fine chopped onions
- 1/4 cup tomato puree
- 1 to 2 green chillies slit
- 2 tsps meat masala
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt as needed
- 1 bay leaf
- Coriander leaves for garnish
1. Marinate mutton with the ingredients mentioned under marination. Refrigerate for atleast 2 hrs.
2. Keep the meat out of the refrigerator at least 30 mins before cooking.
3. Heat oil in a pan, saute cinnamon and cardomom for 2 mins.
4. Add onions and green chillies saute until onions turn golden.lower the flame to very low as much as possible. Add marinated meat and saute for 5 to 7 mins.
5. Cook covered for 10 mins when you see the moisture begins to release, then add the meat masala and saute for another 2 mins.
6. Add bay leaf repeat sauteing for 2 mins
7. Add tomato puree and saute until the raw smell of tomatoes goes away.this takes about 5 to 7 mins.
8. Add water and pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles on a medium flame.
9. When the pressure goes off stir and simmer further if the curry is runny.
10. Serve mutton curry with rice or roti.