Preparation Time:20 mins
Cooking Time:15 mins
for filling :
- 1 tsp Sooji / Rawa
- 1 cup dry grated coconut
- 1 cup powdered Sugar
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 pinch salt
For dough :
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup warm water (approximate)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Oil
Method for filling :
1. Dry roast sooji and sesame seeds separately till the time they get light brown color.
2. Add coconut to dry roasted sooji and sesame seeds , add sugar, cardamom powder, dry fruits and mix well.
Method for dough :
1. Take whole wheat flour in a deep bowl, add two tsp oil, salt to taste and mix well.
2. Add warm water and start kneading the dough. The dough should be semi soft too not too stiff and not too soft.
3. Let it rest for 30 minutes.
4. Again take a tsp oil between palms of your hands and again knead the dough till it becomes soft.
Method for making the poli:
1. Take small ball from dough and roll like puri.
2. Take 1 tbsp of the filling.
3. Stuff the filling into rolled puri, seal the edges and squeeze out excess dough from it.
4. Roll in circular direction like paratha.
5. Heat up pan on a medium heat, roast the poli from both the sides(put oil on 1 side) till it gets nice golden spots.