Preparation Time :10 minutes
Cooking Time : 15 minutes
Serve: 3 baskets
There are 2 steps to make this chaat.
STEP 1 : Basket
- 1 cup besan
- 2 tsp white kidney beans flour
- 1 tsp rice flour
- 1 ½ tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp Oil
- Salt as per taste
- ½ tsp ajwain
- Water for making dough
- Oil for frying
1. Take all the ingredients except water and mix them well.
2. Keep adding little bit of water and make the dough.
3. Put the dough in a chakli – sev maker and start making sev.
4. After making it, cut the sev strips into 4 parts.
5. Later, arrange the strips in a strainer. Press another strainer on it.
6. Heat oil in a pan on medium flame and keep the stainer in the oil.
7. After your basket gets a proper shape remove the upper strainer and then the other one. Fry the basket for 1 more minutes and then remove the baskets from the pan.
STEP 2 : Filling
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 tbsp red chili sauce
- 2 tbsp green chili sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
1. Take a bowl put all the vegetables, mix it.
2. Put both the sauces and ketchup in the same bowl and mix again.
3. Take the baskets you made and put the filling in it.
Your sev basket chaat is ready…