Prepration Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Serves: 8-10 pouches (small papad) 3-4 pouches (big pouches)
- Turmeric powder: ½ tsp
- Red chilli powder: ½ tsp
- Dhaniya or coriander powder: 1 tsp
- Dry mango or amchur powder: ½ tsp
- Fine chopped onion: 1
- Cumin or zeera seeds: 1tsp
- Fine chopped green chilli: 1
- Fine chopped ginger garlic: 1 tbsp
- Fine chopped coriander leaves: 2-3 tbsp
- Frozen green peas: ¼ cup
- Boiled and mashed potatoes: 1 ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- papad: 8-10 (small size) or 3-4 (big size)
1.In a pan heat one table spoon of oil.
2.Add cumin seeds to hot oil and let them sizzle.
3.Now add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
4.When raw smell of ginger garlic is gone add chopped onions and chilli and cook till they become slightly brown.
5.Now add green peas, mashed potatoes,dry spices, salt and coriander leaves.
6.Mix them well and keep them aside.
7.Now take warm water in a plate.
8.Take one papad and dip it in water and let it soak for 30-40 seconds.
9.Now take it out from the water and let it rest on the chopping board for 30 seconds.
10.Once papad is soft enough, take small amount of potato mixture.
12.Put it on the papad.
13. Turn the papad into a pouch shape
14.Heat the oil at medium flame.
15.Drop few pouches at a time and fry them.
16.Fry them till they become crisp and golden brown from both the sides.
17.Now take them out on a paper towel and take out extra oil.
18.Serve hot papad pouch with red or green chilli sauce.
Yummy and delicious papad pouches are ready!
If you want it more tastier then, eat it hot!