RECIPE OF SPIRAL COLOURFUL MATHRI
Preparation Time : 20 minutes
Cooking Time :25 minutes
- 200 gms maida (All purpose flour)
- 50 ml oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ajwain or carom seeds
- A pinch of baking soda
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1/2 tsp Red food colour
- 1/2 tsp Green food colour
- oil For deep frying
1. In a bowl take the flour,salt and carom seeds and mix it properly.
2. Add the oil to the flour mix and incorporate it nicely with your fingertips till it resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Add water and knead it to a tight ,tough ,smooth dough.
4. Divide the dough into 3 equal parts and add the red and green food colour each to two parts and knead it properly so that it makes a green and red coloured dough.
5. Keep all the 3 portions covered for 10-15 mins.
6. After 10 mins roll out all 3 doughs into 8″ROTI and keep all the 3 colours Roti on top of each other .
7. Alternately brushing each roti with water before positioning it on top of the other according to the colours you want in your mathri.
8. Than roll carefully into a cigar shaped roll brushing a little water at the end and Cut the roll into thin slices like mathri.
9. Heat the oil in a pan and deep fry the dough slices 5-6 together in the pan for 5-6 minutes in medium to low flame till they are cooked properly.
The Mathris are little soft when out from the oil but turns nice and crispy after they are cooled.