Rajma or Kidney beans have so many benefits . It is power packed with nutrients and proteins hence in many part of India ( specially in North ) Rajma Chawal is a popular.
I am giving recipe of Rajma Masala here , it is very easy only you need to cook Rajma properly otherwise it will be heavy to digest.
Preparation Time – 8-10 hrs
Cooking Time – 20-25 minutes
Soaking Time:8-10 hours
- Rajma – 1 bowl
- Tomato – 2
- Onion – 1 big
- Garam masala : 1/2 spoon
- Salt : as per taste
- Red chilli powder : 1/2 spoon
- Ginger garlic paste 1 spoon
- Kasoori methi
- Coriander powder
- amchur powder
- Cream ( I used Malai here) 1 spoon
1. Wash n soak Rajma for 8-10 hrs and put into a pressure cooker. Add 5 cups of water and salt and cook under pressure till 4-5 whistles are given out.
2.Drain and reserve the cooking stock.
3. Make onion n tomato puree
4. Heat oil in pan add this puree into it saute for couple of minutes
5. Add ginger-garlic paste and saute again for 2 minutes.
6. Add coriander powder, amchoor powder and red chilli powder and mix well.7.Add kidney beans and mix well. Add 1 cup cooking stock and salt and stir to mix.
8. Mash the beans a bit and stir again.
9. Add garam masala powder and malai and cook for 5-7 minutes.
Add kasoori methi and serve hot with paratha or rice