RECIPE FOR JAIN PAV BHAJI
Preparation Time :20 minutes
Cooking Time : 20 minutes
For the gravy :
- 2 medium sized Green capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 Raw banana boiled, peeled and chopped in cubes
- Tomato puree of 3 – 4 tomatoes
- 2 cup Green peas
- Butter 2 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds 1 1/4 teaspoons
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder 1 teaspoons
- Pav bhaji masala 3 teaspoons
- 1 tsp dry ginger powder
For toasting the pavs:
- 12 Pavs
- butter for toasting
- 2 tbsp butter
- Fresh coriander, for garnishing
1.Put the chopped vegetables in a cooker. Add 2 cups of water
2.Cover the cooker with lid. Turn the heat on medium. Let it cook for 3-4 whistles. Let the pressure go down by itself. Then open the lid.
3.Mash it with masher.
4.Take a pan, add 2 tbsp of butter to it. Then put cumin seeds, sauté for 1 minute and put tomato puree and dry ginger powder in it. sauté for 3-4 minutes.
5.Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and pav bhaji masala. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then add all the mashed vegetables and then cook for 5-6 minutes.
6.Remove from heat and transfer it to a serving bowl. Sprinkle some coriander on it.
For the pav:
1.Slit pavs horizontally without cutting through. Roast them on a non-stick tawa with butter till crisp.
Serve the pavs with butter.