RECIPE FOR MUMBAI SPECIAL MASALA PAV
Preparation Time : 5 minutes
Cooking Time :20 minutes
For The Masala
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 4 tbsp ginger -garlic paste
- 1 ¼cups finely chopped onions
- 4 cups finely chopped tomatoes
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp pav bhaji masala
- 1/4 cup finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 tsp butter
- 6 ladi pav
1. Heat the butter in a deep kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
2. When the seeds crackle, add the ginger -garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
3. Add the onions and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes or till the onions turn translucent, while stirring occasionally.
4. Add the tomatoes, salt, chilli powder, pav bhaji masala and 1 cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
5. Mash it lightly, add the coriander and simmer for another minute.
6. Add the lemon juice and mix well for 2 minutes.
7. Then, divide the masala into 6 portions and keep aside.
How to fill it in the pav:
1. Heat 1 tsp of butter on a non-stick tava (griddle), add a portion of the prepared masala and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
2. Slit 1 pav vertically, open and place it on the masala
3. Spread the masala evenly over the pav till it gets evenly coated form all the sides. Sprinkle some sev on the masala pav, if needed.
4. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make more masala PAV.
!! SERVE HOT!!